Monday, December 26, 2011

Birth story Finally.

I had had contractions all night regularly ( as I had 4 nights prior as well) but they stayed regular into November 30th day which was unlike the past 4 days. But I had sent my husband to work because I was used to it. ( He was sleeping at the hospital with me and traveling 45 min to work every day)
The doctors finally saw it as a sign of possible infection so they sent me upstairs to L&D. So I was by myself...scared.. 32 weeks 2 days pregnant about to start labor and deliver n 8 week preemie baby boy. I called Jason and he left work to meet me, I also called and called my sis in law who was supposed to take video and pictures and her phone was dead and off. AHHH cue panic lol

I called my best friend since 5 years old and the godmother to my baby and she rushed right over. Jason was there by then but cleaning out my prenatal room and bringing it to the car...and by the time he came up Nicolle was there too. That was my team of support for which I am so grateful. They started my pitocin at about 9am after getting an IV finally after blowing 4 veins and finally getting one. Then they came in and drew blood and then 5 min later they came in to draw blood again... i was like you just did. They said she missed one draw so she literally had nowhere to take from and so she took from in between my knuckles on the hand with a huge hematoma from trying to get an IV. OUCH.

The contractions really started up when the girls came back with lunch and I was breathing through them eating between contractions... Nicolle tried to take my woopie pie out of my hands at one point during a rough contraction and I guess I barked Dont touch it! LOL

(pardon the fact that I don't really remember times...I was living in 60 second increments)

I made it through until it was very dark out contractions had been 2 min apart for a long long time and I was stalled at 6 for 6 hours... I finally broke down and took is a narcotic for sure...I remember feeling like this is what it is like to be high.... my head feels detached and I was explaining my pain with metaphors about different chairs in rooms of my house... I would say ( according to him) that that was like sitting in our kitchen chairs or I'm in the living room... WEIRD!!! I remember being very focused internally the whole time until i got into a wrong position and then I needed the nubane because It hurt so bad and all of a sudden i couldn't focus inside anymore. then nubane made me feel so much better I almost wish I hadn't gotten it because when it wore off it was incredible pain. and the second and third shots didn't work.

I was still 6 UGGHH finally I said screw it I NEED the epidural. (I got a student) This was the point at which I felt the worse pain of the whole labor because the labor pain added to the poking and prodding in my spine, all I could do was sob.

2 minutes after it was in I was telling him if I wasn't married I would marry him LOL

Now I don't understand why anyone would ever go through it without one.

I fell asleep for an hour and then felt some pressure...she checked me and I was 6 ( go to hell)
half an hour later I felt more... still 6 ( get away I will do this by myself... i don't need you)
15 min later GET HER IN HERE I HAVE SOMETHING IN MY CROTCH THAT IS TRYING TO COME OUT MY BUTT!!! haha 10 and ready to push!!!!

Wait what?! I'm not ready... baby? Early? OMG...

I pushed well... maybe 15 contractions about 45 min... and he was here!!! I have to admit I was scared about how small he would be because he was so coneheaded while I was pushing I could only see a small bit of his head. When he finally came out he cried loud.. BEST feeling I will ever experience... my husband and I had a moment I will never forget and then he went over to the baby with his NICU Team. They held him up for me to beautiful. And everyone was over with him just me my Dr and the attending were in my corner... I was bleeding too much...they gave me a shot in my butt and they started pushing so hard on my stomach and scooping clots out by the handful... scariest part. Then I was still bleeding too much so they gave me pills rectally ( OUCH) to stop it. They said after 2 weeks of water ruptured bed rest my uterus was too tired to contract on its own. The best moment was when the Noenatologist said to Jason I am not supposed to do this but I hear you have waited a long time for this so why don't you carry him over to mom for a second before we go upstairs. He walked to me so proud and like he was so fragile and brought him to my face so I could kiss him. We cried... then he went into the isolette and upstairs with dad...

Jack Andrew was born at 8:26 AM on December 1st. He was 5.1 and 19.5 inches when he was born and got apghars of 8 and 9!!! At 32 weeks! He had no breathing trouble.

I will write more when I can. Need to go sleep while Jack sleeps. I'm exhausted and so in love.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your baby boy and successful IVF!! So, so glad to hear that he is doing so well!

    ~as for met.formin, it's supposed to help PCOSers regulate their systems. For me, it didn't really help me get AF, but it did help me lose weight and stop craving sugar so much. I ended up getting pregnant again while on met because I took fem.ara. I hope that helps? Met can be hard to take but I think it's worth it while ttc and wanting to get to a healthy weight. I didn't take it while nursing though because it is a category C or unknown side effect drug. I hope that helps?