Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why?

Why is it people think they should comment on pregnancy at all??

I have been irked and stewing about this ever since Friday. I was doing my rounds of couponing and got to Rite aid. I was cashing out had 2 seperate purchases with 20 coupons for each one. I was organizing everything on the counter and the 20 something cashier saw the pregnancy tests on the counter (yes I got a great deal on 2 clear blue easy digital).
She says to me... " oh.. is this a bad thing or a good thing?"

FIRST OF ALL who even thinks it is okay to comment on someone buying pregnancy tests...just cash me out and let me leave. So I taken back said I hope its a good thing we are about to have an IVF cycle, hoping to put her in her place. But know she doesn't even know what that is so I explain its a fertility treatment, and we are going on three years of them (now thinking I shouldn't have said anything at all). She follows with REALLY you want kids that bad?? How old are you anyway?

I FEEL MY FACE GETTING HOT.....I said going on 24 and yes I obviously want kids that bad.
She says I am 23 and have 2 myself but Geesh...

I said well we've been together for 10 years.

GET ME OUTTA HERE... as I am leaving she says Well good luck with that!

IGNORANT WOMAN. Ugghhh Can you believe what people say?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and so hope it all works out for you!

    That being said....people are stupid. I will never forget helping a girl in Walmart (I didnt work there, just knew how to help her) find the pregnancy tests.

    I told her they were next to the condoms (ironic, right?). She was "nervous". I am thinking, well maybe if you knew where the condoms were you wouldn't be in this situation.

    I truly think that people that work "harder" to have a baby love the baby 10 times more.

    I wish you all the luck and will continue to keep up with your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you thought the video i posted today was funny!

    i always hated buying pregnancy tests at stores without self checkouts because i was always afraid that the cashier would say something like that to me. of course the tests are more $$ at the grocery stores with the self checkouts, but sometimes the extra money was well-spent in exchange for self preservation...

    ReplyDelete